I turn 40 in a couple of weeks! July 18th, to be exact. I am so excited.
I thought I was going to throw myself a party to celebrate, or set up a special getaway with friends, but it turns out that's not what I actually want. What I've realized I really want, more than anything, is to see the Gift of Happiness grow.
I want to see more people taking charge of their own happiness, and sharing that happiness with others. And I want to find and connect with as many of those people as possible.
To that end, here is a birthday wishlist that I hope you will read and share. And if anything on it would feel good to do, please do it!
If you want to give me a gift, here is a partial list of things I'd love -- many of which won't cost you a thing, but would really make a difference to me.
- Tell people about The Gift of Happiness. Seriously, this is one of the most wonderful things you could do for me. Share this blog post, my website, or one of my YouTube videos or Facebook posts. Let people know what I'm up to, why you think it's great, and why they might be interested, too.
- If you don't know enough about Gift of Happiness to be able to share it, look through my website and let me know what's missing or unclear. How could I make it easier for you to share this with people?
- Order a set of cards from me, and use them to make people smile:
- Write me a testimonial on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Alignable.
- Set up a time to let me brainstorm with you about ways you could enjoy bringing more happiness and connection into your work, family, community or personal life. Use Appointy or just email me.
- Introduce me to people you know who are doing similar or complementary things and might be interested in connecting and/or collaborating somehow.
- Invite me to facilitate a workshop or discussion for your organization, team, or group of friends.
- Join one of my Meetup groups or online communities.
- Introduce me to reporters, bloggers, podcasters, or anyone else whose audience might be interested in what I'm doing.
- Finally, do something today that will bring you joy and satisfaction, because ultimately, that's what this is all about.
Thank you so much for helping me celebrate. I hope we all have a wonderful year ahead.
With love & gratitude,